Soon To Be The Popes!

Soon To Be The Popes!
One of my faves!

Jan 28, 2011

Scheduled: First Dress Fitting

It's official: I have my first dress fitting scheduled for early March! That seems right around the corner, and it is - I just checked and it's only four weeks away.

I'm supposed to have my exact pair of shoes at my first fitting. The store emphasizes exact, as in the pair I will wear when I walk down the aisle (chills).  I guess they've had brides bring in a pair in the right style but wrong color only to have them come back with the right pair and realize the shoe was a 1/4" taller in the other color. Who knew shoes had such big discrepancies?

All of this means I'm officially on the hunt for fun wedding shoes. I need something that has a very low heel, or no heel at all, which really sucks because all the fun shoes have 4" heels. But, fun shoes are not worth being taller than B in all of our pics, so low heels it is.

I'm wearing rhinestone/crystal necklace with my dress, so I need shoes that are white, silver or some bright color. I'm really not big on white, though - so I'm mainly considering white styles because they'd be dyable (any advice related to dyables is welcome, I've actually never had this done).

So far I've seen a few styles I like, including:

These are totally cute, totally re-wearable...but too wintery? They are adorable though...

via

LOVING these, but I think they might be too tall!

via

These are similar - also Kate Spade:

via

These are too businessy for me, I think, but they're still cute! They also might be too tall :(

via


Thinking I could possibly dye these? A little too boring though?

via

Also cute, also Kate Spade, also possibly dyable?


I still have a lot of searching to do - all of these I found in about 30 minutes after looking on just two sites. That said, I'm VERY encouraged by what I found, which is good!  I was worried that I'd have to find shoes before all of the cute spring/summer styles come out, which is probably still going to be true. I'm over worrying about that though; I'll probably be happiest in a classic style any way, so as long as I have a fun color and some fun detail I will be very happy!  I hope to do some more searching this weekend and then order a few pairs so I have time to try them on for size (and put the heel height to the test against B in his tux shoes). Will keep you posted!  Any if anyone sees any cute shoes, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Here is my advice: comfort over style and price over style. NO ONE will see them (except the photographer will probably take a picture and are you really going to frame that? Doubtful.) Mine were TRASHED by the end of the night...honestly, they were disgusting. You're never going to wear them again and beyond having stylish shoes for when the photographer happens to take a picture, no one will see them. You will be far happier in comfortable shoes that are "cute enough" and match as opposed to super adorable fun shoes that kill your feet. Especially on a museum floor which if it's anything like ours was is not very forgiving. Anyway, all of this to say I actually bought a pair of dyeables with a short heel from The Glass Slipper and had them dyed to match my dress (just need to get a swatch of the fabric from the tailor). Were they the cutest shoes I've ever owned? No, but no one saw them and they didn't bother my feet even after 8 hours (you won't sit down at all!) That's my advice for what it's worth :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails